- Development and Planning (Amendment) Bill, 2020;
- Two financial services related bills – Securities Investment Business (Amendment) Bill, 2020 and Limited Liability Partnership (Amendment) (No.2) Bill, 2020;
- Judicature (Amendment) Bill, 2020;
- Public Health (Amendment) Bill, 2020; and
- Merchant Shipping (Amendment) Bill, 2020.
During the next stage – the Committee stage, when Members can scrutinise the bill in greater depth to change wordings and make amendments and corrections, if deemed necessary – some of the bills are slated to see some amendments.
The Supplementary Appropriation (January 2020 to December 2020) Bill, 2020, which will seek the House’s approval for additional budget for the year for several entities within government, will be dealt with next. Scrutiny for these provisions will be done through the Finance Committee of the whole House, which will have the Finance Minister, Hon. Roy McTaggart presiding.
The House returns on Monday, 26 October 2020 morning.
Quote of the Day
Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.